GE provides freight and passenger locomotives, railway signaling and communications systems, information technology solutions, marine engines, motorized drive systems for mining trucks and drills, high-quality replacement parts and value added services.
With sales in excess of $3.5 billion, Transportation is headquartered in Erie, PA, and employs approximately 8,000 people worldwide. GE is a global Transportation leader and supplier to the railroad, marine, drilling, wind and mining industries
GE Transportation is ISO-9001 certified and practices Six Sigma quality principles as the "way to do business." The Headquarters plant in Erie is the largest manufacturing site in Pennsylvania to achieve VPP certification. Safety certification and the Contagem site in South America earned the GE Global Star certification.
Since its inception, Transportation has been at the forefront of many of transportation's most storied accomplishments. One of the most recent is the Evolution® Locomotive. Created to be the most technologically advanced most fuel efficient, most environmentally friendly diesel locomotive to ever put power to the rails.
- Energy Consulting Services
- Environmental Services
- Gas Engines - Power Generation
- Inspection Technologies
- Measurement & Control Heritage Brands
- Measurement & Control Services
- Membrane Elements, Cartridge Filters, and Lab Products
- Power Pedestals
- Radiation Measurement
- Sensors & Measurement
- Water & Process Equipment
- Water Services
MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC
- GE Upgrades Integrated Platform Management System on Board Royal Fleet Auxiliary’s Fleet Tankers with Technology Update
- GE and Clean Energy Fuels Partner to Expand ‘America’s Natural Gas Highway®’
- GE partners Dangote Group on power, transportation, oil and gas
- GE Demonstrates Battery Dominant Fuel Cell Bus