Moisture Problem Prevention
The use of Preveil ePTFE membrane should be considered when one or more of the following conditions exist:
- Submicron or sticky dust is present
- High humidity
- Frequent startup/shutdown
- The process has been altered from its original design configuration
- Operating conditions are not compatible with those specified during baghouse construction
- Production requirements have been modified
- Upset conditions occur in the process resulting in excessive maintenance cost
- Moisture in the gas stream mixes with dust and sticks. This agglomeration is a dense, non-permeable moist dustcake that increases differential pressure and reduces airflow, resulting in decreased production.
- Dust never has a chance to stick to filters laminated with Preveil membrane. The slick ePTFE membrane surface provides proper filter cleandown. The resulting increased airflow benefits production and reduces time spent cleaning and replacing filters.