Seals play an integral role in an ESP system, as they handle the thrust generated by the pump, protect and isolate the motor from well fluids, equalize motor pressure to match wellbore pressures and store excess fluid created when motor oil expands. GE Oil & Gas labyrinth seals sit between the motor and pump intake. Standard labyrinth seals offer heightened protection from well fluids by providing a maze-like path for motor oils to follow, separate from produced well fluids. Most often used in vertical ESP applications, labyrinth seals can also be combined with abrasion-resistant and high-temperature designs for harsh environments.
GE Oil & Gas labyrinth seals feature:
- High-volume, specially-configured oil chambers to extended run-life
- Corrosion and abrasion-resistant options
- High-load thrust bearings and high-temperature elastomers
- Designs for all casing configurations
- Apply across all downhole environments
- Tandem configuration ability (elastometric bags, labyrinths or a combination) for all sizes and applications