6B Heavy Duty Gas Turbine
The 6B gas turbine features low-cost installation and maintenance requirements, with more than 1200 units in service and more than 60 million operating hours. It offers high availability and reliability in simple cycle and cogeneration applications and from barge-mounted to industrial installations. The 6B gas turbine can handle multiple start-ups required for peak load, accommodate a wide variety of gaseous and liquid fuels, including heavy fuel oils, drive a compressor, and be installed quickly for fast track projects.
- Fuel flexibility to burn wide range of alternative fuels from low calorific and synthetic gas to heavy fuel oil and bioethanol for lower operating costs, better efficiency and lower emissions than other technologies.
- Flexible choice for cogeneration applications capable of producing a thermal output ranging from 200 to 400 GJ/hr (190 to380MBtu/hr) with supplementary firing with steam up to 110 bar (1600 psi).
- High reliability and low emissions with a Dry Low NOx combustion system upgrade capable of achieving 5 ppm NOx on natural gas.
- Advanced technology to extend the life of existing 6B gas turbine with higher availability, output, and efficiency.
- Excellent fit for selective island grids, mechanical applications and barge mounted applications due to fuel flexibility, low cost per horsepower, and high horsepower per square meter.