9FB Heavy Duty Gas Turbine
GE's most advanced air-cooled 50Hz gas turbine
In 2006, the first 9FB gas turbine, GE's most advanced 50 Hz air-cooled gas turbine, went into commercial operation, boasting further improvements in performance, reliability, net plant efficiency, and operational flexibility over its predecessors.
Whether it's for pure power generation or combined heat and power, GE's 9FB gas turbine is well suited for 50 Hz baseload and cycling applications in regions where fuel costs are critical. The 9FB gas turbine's increased operational efficiency allows you to decrease your net cost of generating electricity, increasing your revenues…and your profits.
- The Enhanced Compressor includes enhancements to the inlet guide vanes that dramatically reduce degradation and stress on wear-related components and lengthening the compressor's lifecycle.
- Dry Low NOx (DLN) 2.6+ combustion system provides low NOx level emissions, increased emissions compliant turndown capability, and longer combustion inspection intervals.
- Blade Health Monitoring System provides real-time measurements of key static and dynamic deflection features to help determine blade deterioration.
- Fast Start reduces start time of the gas turbine across the entire start sequence. For simple cycle gas turbines, this product option delivers a 15-minute start to full load, enabling the gas turbine to be used as non-spinning reserve. For combined cycle power plants, this production option reduces the start time of the power plant by up to 20 minutes.
- Mark* VIe Control System controls the gas turbine using real-time physics based modeling, increasing the overall performance, operability, and reliability of the gas turbine. The control system can also be expanded to provide a common platform for power station control.
* Trademark of the General Electric Company.