The new W28 Generator for the FlexEfficiency* 50 Combined Cycle Power Plant features an enhanced, compact design for placement between the steam and gas turbines. Improved for reliable energy production, the W28 Generator is positioned to convert mechanical energy to electricity at a new standard of performance.
* Trademark of the General Electric Company
Featuring a water-cooled stator, this 650 MVA Generator offers improved cooling capability, as well as increased reliability and high efficiency. In fact, the overall generator efficiency exceeds 99 percent. The use of water-cooling for the generator stator enables a compact design, which has a smaller plant footprint. Along with its robust construction and increased efficiency, the W28 Generator has a tightly sealed stator frame designed to prevent gas and oil leakage – helping reduce maintenance and increase reliability.
Key features include:
- One-piece frame construction for simplified installation
- Fixator support improves maintenance and serviceability
- Modular gas and seal oil systems deliver greater flexibility and functionality
- Stator water cooling system and monitoring provide new levels of reliability
- Packaged static excitation and static starter to ensure high-level starting conditions