Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
GE is the industry's most experienced single-source supplier for integrated ultrafiltration (UF) and membrane bioreactor (MBR) systems. ZeeWeed MBR systems combine proven UF technology with biological treatment for wastewater treatment and water reuse applications.
MBR systems are increasingly considered the best available technology for virtually all wastewater treatment applications-from greenfield plants to retrofits to water reclamation projects. MBR systems offer several operational and economic advantages over conventional wastewater treatment plants.
- Physical filtration barrier provides consistent, high-quality effluent
- Provides a greater filtration surface area which reduces plant footprint and effectively distributes cleaning solutions
- Hollow fiber technology provides a greater filtration surface area, reducing plant footprint and effectively distributing cleaning solutions
- Unmatched fiber ruggedness ensures a longer membrane life in harsh wastewater operating environments
- Effective backpulse cleaning maintains long-term, peak system performance and provides a simple, rapid method of recovery
- Automated in-situ cleaning simplifies system operation and maintenance, while reducing operating costs
- Successful track record of operation in hundreds of municipal and industrial applications provides you with peace of mind