Induction Array Tool (IAT)
The Induction Array Tool (IAT) provides resistivity information at radial distances of 10in, 20in, 30in, 60in and 90in and depth resolutions of 2ft or 4ft. This combination gives operators a completely comprehensive resistivity profile of any information.
IAT - Key features
- 5 depths of investigation
- 2ft and 4ft depth resolution output
- Transport flexibility - it can be broken down to less than 10ft for transport
- SP incorporated into the design
- An attractively short design, requiring less overhole to be drilled
Benefits of IAT
The IAT determines the formation resistivity, using the real and quadrature signals induced in the formation. By using both signals for each coil combination, the tool is ideally equipped to compensate for skin effect. This provides a more accurate tool response. This improved response, in turn, allows for better invasion profile determination, in addition to precise water saturation calculations.