Nuclear Outage Management Services
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) offers all Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) plants an expert field service team to handle outage management, in- and under-vessel maintenance, inspections and advanced tooling. The GEH Bridge-Free Tooling portfolio helps reduce critical path time and personnel dose exposure while improving outage performance. With remote-operated visual inspection technology and real-time capabilities, GEH ensures that problems are resolved faster, resulting in considerable cost savings.
- 360-degree work platforms ensure access to BWR internals; modular sections allow customization; easy disassembly, storage; savings with each outage.
- Vacuum canister sipping system identifies leaks that have previously gone undetected in PWR and BWR fuel assemblies.
- Real-time data for reduced outage time through GEH's Remote Digitized Acquisition Transmission and Analysis (R-Data) tool.
- Jet Pump Assembly Inspection provides underwater, remote-operated vehicle probe to minimize critical path time and overall outage costs.
- Lily Pad floating platform is outfitted with remote-control robotic arm and camera, keeping the bridge free for parallel fuel moves.
- Telescoping Shroud Scanner (TS²) performs non-intrusive ultrasonic inspections of reactor's shroud circumferential and vertical welds.
- Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV) Inside Diameter inspection tooling allows a single-pass scan of welds and heat-affected zones without impacting site.
- Invader provides advanced cameras and remote positioning for visual inspection during critical path activities -- without a track or rail system.