Low Pressure (LP) Upgrades
GE Energy provides low pressure upgrades both for GE Energy’s installed fleet and for non-GE steam turbines. Leveraging the latest steampath and sealing technologies, we're focused on delivering world-class performance to you for site-specific exhaust requirements in both 50Hz and 60Hz.
LP Plus upgrades to the low pressure (LP) portion of steam turbines are also available to help you achieve more robust operational performance. An LP upgrade including longer margin buckets and diaphragms, advanced LP section steam path and modern components can improve plant output.
- Suitable for full range of large power plants (100 MW and above)
- Larger buckets for increased exhaust annulus to align with condenser pressure
- Last-stage-bucket lengths up to 52"
- Steam path features include: enhanced flow guide contour, advanced aero designs with optimized vane profiles, integral cover buckets, and new design moisture removal provisions
- Improves turbine reliability
- Offers improved resistance to stress corrosion cracking in LP bucket dovetails – this may affect older, large steam turbines (TIL-1277)