Steam Turbine Outage - Major
GE monitors operating experience, inspection results and in-service operation matters of the installed base. Part of the overall process includes taking the machine apart and the findings are used to analyze and identify potential matters specific to similar units across the fleet.
Subsequent recommendations will be made to owners on specific matters forwarded by means of Technical Information Letters (TIL) so applicable action can be taken to obtain improved reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- All inspections completed as part of a minor outage/overhaul with exception of borescope inspections
- Opening of turbine casings and steam path inspection
- Opening clearance and alignment
- Clean and inspect stationary and rotating components
- Complete examination of couplings, including axial run-out test
- Steampath audit to better understand performance degradation and definition of recoverable and unrecoverable losses
- Appropriate non-destructive testing and examinations
- Inspection of all shell/casing piping connections
- NDE of parts checking for both surface and sub-surface cracking and/or indications
- Detailed inspection of lubrication and drain system piping and components