Gas Engines - Cogeneration Solutions
The basic structure of GE’s Jenbacher CHP systems includes an engine/generator unit and heat exchangers that make use of waste heat. A wide range of heat sources—from engine cooling water and oil to an air/fuel gas mixture and exhaust gas—is configured to maximize the benefit to each individual customer.
Cogeneration systems can be supplemented with a boiler system for bridging peak heat demand periods. An increase in system operating time and efficiency is made possible by the connection of a heat storage medium.
Power plant electrical switch and control systems distribute electricity and manage the engine, while hydraulic equipment ensures heat distribution. Generated power is used by a facility or fed into the public power grid.
The thermal energy can be used to generate heating water and steam production as well as for various types of process heat.
Gas engine cogeneration systems also are used for CO2 fertilization in greenhouses and trigeneration systems (combined generation
- Cogeneration systems generate both heat and power
- GE’s Jenbacher CHP systems use waste heat from various sources to increase plant efficiency by up to 90 percent
- Cogeneration achieves 40 percent energy savings vs. separate power and heat generation equipment
- Reduces or eliminates transportation and distribution losses
- Addition of boiler system or other heat storage medium further increases operating time and efficiency
- Generated power is used by an individual facility or fed into a public power grid
- Thermal energy can be used to generate heating water and steam production, as well as for various types of process heat
- Cogeneration systems also can be used for CO2 fertilization in greenhouses and trigeneration systems.
- GE’s Jenbacher Type 2 Gas Engine
- GE’s Jenbacher Type 3 Gas Engines
- GE’s Jenbacher Type 4 Gas Engines
- GE’s Jenbacher Type 6 Gas Engines
- GE’s Jenbacher J624 GS
- GE’s Jenbacher J624 2-Stage Turbocharged
- Gas Engines - Spare Parts
- Gas Engines - Overhaul
- Gas Engines - Contractual Service Agreements
- GE's Jenbacher J920 Gas Engine