Offshore Drilling & Production
Offshore drilling and production involves facilities operating on the water’s surface, including fixed platforms, jack-up drilling rigs, floating drilling rigs, TLP/spars and FPSOs.
GE Oil & Gas offers an extensive portfolio of proven drilling and production systems and products for those ‘topside’ facilities. We also provide a wide range of blowout preventers, drilling systems, drill-stem valves, elastomers, pulsation dampeners, subsea and surface wellheads, and surface production equipment.
Offshore drilling and production varies greatly depending on the chosen platform and the water depth of the well. Today's offshore drilling industry operates all over the world in water depths up to 300 ft (jack-ups), to over 10,000 ft (floaters). Wells drilled offshore can be either surface or subsea.
Surface wells are drilled much like those on land where the platform acts like an artificial island. The casing is brought back to the surface and traditional land-style wellhead and production equipment is used.Subsea wells are located at the sea floor and require specific drilling and production equipment.
Proven reliability and availability in harsh conditions around the globe
Advanced high-pressure, high-temperature designs enabling ultra deepwater developments
- Innovative designs save valuable rig time and improve safety of rig personnel
- Long-Term Service Agreements - Triple-S
- Overhaul and Repair
- Genuine Hydril Pressure Control Parts
- Hydril Pressure Control Field Service
- Equipment and Tooling Rental Services
- Masoneilan* 21000 Series Top-Guided Globe Control Valve
- Masoneilan* 77000 Series Multi-Stage High Pressure Valve
- Masoneilan* 49000 Series V-LOG* Valve
- Masoneilan* 41005 Series Cage Guided Control Valve
- Masoneilan* 35002 Series Camflex* Rotary Control Valve
- Masoneilan* 78400/18400 Series LincolnLog Valve