Reliable electric power is a fundamental necessity of modern development. It is produced by power generation systems from a variety of energy sources including uranium, fossil fuels (coal, oil or gas), water power, geothermal, wind, solar, biomass and municipal and industrial waste.
GE Oil & Gas provides turnkey power-generation modules and support services for every sector of the oil and gas industry, as well as for solar and geothermal applications.
In the Oil & Gas industry, power is generated by electric generators driven by gas turbines, steam turbines, reciprocating engines or, in some cases, turbo-expanders.
Systems based on gas turbines may be simple-cycle with no exhaust-heat recovery, or a more sophisticated configuration with exhaust-heat recovery to enhance fuel efficiency of the overall system.
One example of a cogeneration systems involves a gas turbine as primary driver and a waste-heat boiler that produces superheated steam to drive a steam turbine for additional power-generation capacity.
Stand-alone steam turbines can drive generators where steam is available from an industrial process, when a boiler can be fed with low-cost fuels, in geothermal fields, and where steam is generated by solar energy.GE Oil & Gas has unmatched experience in gas and steam turbines for industrial power generation in onshore and offshore applications, waste-to-energy, biomass and concentrated solar power facilities.
Wide range of configurations ensures reliable energy supply in remote locations and extreme conditions
Extensive domain knowledge in turbine design delivers efficiencies that can reduce operating costs and increase overall plant performance
- Advanced technologies help minimize environmental impact
- Heavy Duty - DVS
- Steam and Geothermal Condensers
- Overhung Single Stage
- Masoneilan* 49000 Series V-LOG* Valve
- Masoneilan* 21000 Series Top-Guided Globe Control Valve
- Masoneilan* 41005 Series Cage Guided Control Valve
- Consolidated* 2900-40 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve
- Consolidated* 1700 Maxiflow Steam Safety Valve
- Consolidated* Type 2700 Steam Safety Valve
- Masoneilan* 84000 Series SteamForm Steam Conditioning Valve
- Masoneilan* 78400/18400 Series LincolnLog Valve
- Masoneilan* 35002 Series Camflex* Rotary Control Valve
MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC
- GE and Clarke Energy to Supply Jenbacher Engines to Tropical Power for First Renewable Biogas Power Project in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Austria’s Largest Cogeneration Plant Using Gas Engines Features GE’s Jenbacher Technology
- Biogas first in Kenya for Clarke Energy and Tropical Power
- GE Inks Agreement with Green Waste